Art, Cultural, and Educational Institutions
Museums, universities, and nonprofits turn to Willenken LLP for a wide range of litigation and counseling services arising from the distinct needs and goals of mission-driven organizations. Our art, cultural, and educational institutions practice group pairs our reputation for superior results with our passion for community, education, the arts, humanities, and culture. Our attorneys are attuned not only to the need to succeed in any given case, but to the institution’s accountability to those it serves when it comes to high-stakes matters in the public eye.
Our clients turn to Willenken attorneys for their cross-disciplinary expertise in:
- Appellate and amicus briefs in precedent-setting cases.
- Artists’ rights advice and litigation.
- Copyright and fair use advice and litigation.
- Cultural patrimony and provenance investigations and litigation.
- Data privacy advice and litigation.
- First amendment litigation.
- Governance, ethics, and board training.
- “Outside, in-house” counsel and advice.
- Public accountability investigations and litigation.
- Real estate and construction litigation.
- Technology transfer advice and litigation.
- Trademark litigation.