- Harvard Law School, J.D.,1992
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., With highest distinction, 1989
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of California
- State Bar of California (all state courts)
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Community/ Civic Involvement
- Board member and treasurer, Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Top Rated Lawyer in White Collar Criminal Defense (The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel Magazine, 2012)
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 20 Lawyers Under 40 (Los Angeles Daily Journal, 2007)
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Rating
- Super Lawyer in Business Litigation (Law and Politics Magazine, 2006 to present)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Panelist, In-House Counsel’s Checklist for Trial Success, ACC South Florida Chapter (October, 2015)
- Panelist, Get Smart: The DOJ Re-Writes its FCPA Screenplay, NAMWOLF Annual Conference (September, 2015)
- Panelist, Risk Management: Top 10 Ways to Avoid Heartbreak in American Litigation, ACC Ontario Chapter (May, 2015)
- Panelist, Assorted Mysteries of California Law, ACC Southwest Ohio Chapter (October, 2014)
News & Events
- Willenken Secures Full Dismissal of Telecommunications Lawsuit
- Willenken's Annual Review 2017
- Willenken Firm and Five Partners Awarded Coveted Rankings from Benchmark Litigation – 2018®
- A Brave New World in IP CLE
- Willenken's 2016 Year in Review
- Willenken Firm Named One of Top 10 Litigation Boutiques for 2014
- In Closing..., Diversity & the Bar
- Paul Loh Top Rated Lawyer
- Willenken Firm Secures Client Victory In Eastern District Of Texas
- Firm Obtains Seven-Figure Breach of Contract Settlement on Behalf of National Retailer
- Willenken Firm Devastates Opposing Witness at Deposition to Obtain Walk-Away Dismissal
- Favorable Settlement Reached in Patent Litigation
An original founding member of Willenken, Paul Loh is among a small group of lawyers of his generation who has spent much of his professional career actually trying cases. Paul has tried over 50 jury trials to verdict, and over 80 court trials and arbitrations.
Paul’s practice focuses on the defense of Fortune 500 corporations in high stakes litigation involving product liability and major torts, white collar criminal defense and internal investigations, intellectual property, class actions, and complex business litigation. Because of his substantial trial experience, major companies turn to Paul for some of the most challenging cases on their dockets and have engaged him just months or weeks before trial specifically to act as trial counsel.
Recognized by The American Lawyer as a Top Rated Lawyer in White Collar Criminal Defense, and selected by the Los Angeles Daily Journal in 2007 as a “Top 20 Lawyer Under 40,” Paul is a graduate of Harvard Law School, and he previously served as an instructor in trial advocacy at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law. He began his career as a criminal defense attorney, defending individuals and corporations in matters ranging from homicide, to securities fraud and RICO. He later joined Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, before leaving to help form Willenken in 2002.
Paul is a native Mandarin speaker and he has defended major Taiwanese and Chinese corporations in U.S. civil and criminal litigation matters. Such matters include claims of trade secret misappropriation, antitrust (including international cartels), copyright and trademark infringement, patent infringement, and cyber piracy.
Paul is an avid baseball fan and, in his spare time, he enjoys running and traveling with his family. He aspires to take his young daughters to visit all 50 states of the union before they leave the nest.
Paul’s clients include:
- Procter & Gamble
- Southern California Gas Company
- San Diego Gas & Electric Company
- Southern California Edison
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- VIZIO, Inc.
- Avis Budget Group
- Motorola Solutions
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- On behalf of the world’s leading electronics component contract manufacturer, successfully counterclaimed against an international staffing firm for fraud and procured a dismissal of the entire complaint and a public apology one week before trial.
- On behalf of a national retailer, obtained a seven figure settlement from a gaming conglomerate in a breach of contract dispute.
- Defended computer manufacturer in prosecution for alleged bid-rigging in the procurement of government telecommunications contracts.
- Defended a national retail chain in a nationwide class action alleging false product warranty claims.
- Represented an on-line clothing company against false advertising claims regarding custom garments.
- Defended a pharmaceutical chain in a class action alleging false advertising regarding the advertised immunity benefits of health supplements.
- Represented one of the largest investor-owned utilities in the country against a class action brought by landowners alleging that the installation of fiber optic cables for general telecommunication purposes exceeded the scope of utility easements.
- Defended a Taiwanese corporation in a federal antitrust investigation concerning an international price-fixing cartel.