- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2000
- Lafayette College, B.A. in Spanish and Race & Gender Studies, summa cum laude, 1996
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- California (all state courts)
Community/ Civic Involvement
- Associate to Board of Trustees of Lafayette College, May 2013-present
- Chair of Lafayette College West Coast Advisory Council, May 2015-present
- Benchmark Litigation, "Local Litigation Star" (2018-2019).
Moderator, "Hiring, Firing and Inspiring Outside Counsel," MCCA 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference (October 2, 2018).
Panelist, "The In-House Counsel's Consumer Class Action Defense Checklist," ACC Washington Chapter 2nd Annual Business Summit (September 13, 2018).
Panelist, "The In-House Counsel's Class Action Defense Checklist," ACC Minnesota Chapter CLE Lunch and Learn (June 7, 2018).
Panelist, "Social Networking: Dos & Don'ts - A Discussion Regarding Business Development, Trending Ethical Considerations, & Privacy Breach Part II (February 26, 2018).
News & Events
- Daily Journal “Top Boutiques 2018” Edition Features Willenken
- The Women of Willenken Present Emily Murphy with The Advocacy Award
- Willenken Firm and Five Partners Recognized by Benchmark Litigation 2019
- Willenken Booth Draws a Wide Audience at NAMWOLF 2018 Law Firm Expo
- Scholars & Sketches at NAMWOLF 2018
- Willenken Attorneys Give Litigation Tips and Tricks in CLE Presentations
- Willenken's Annual Review 2017
- 2017 Year in Review: Intellectual Property
- Willenken Firm and Five Partners Awarded Coveted Rankings from Benchmark Litigation – 2018®
- Willenken Defeats Class Action With Motion for Summary Judgment
Megan heads the firm’s San Francisco office. She is a seasoned trial lawyer who has handled high-stakes litigation across a variety of industries.
Megan regularly defends Fortune 500 companies in consumer class actions alleging unfair competition and false advertising, among other claims. She also has significant experience litigating intellectual property claims, including representing technology companies in suits alleging theft of trade secrets, as well as copyright, trademark, and patent cases.
Megan has litigated complex commercial matters on behalf of both domestic and international clients, including PayPal, Target, The Kroger Co., San Diego Gas & Electric, IBM, the National Football League, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences, and Occidental Petroleum. Her wide-ranging experience includes cases involving products liability claims, employment disputes, breach of contract, and fraud claims. Megan also drove the settlement of thousands of claims as one of the lead counsel representing a utility company in connection with multi-billion dollar claims arising from one of the largest wildfires in California history.
For 2018 and 2019, Megan has been recognized as a “Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation (read more here). Megan’s recent victories include obtaining summary judgment in a false advertising class action on behalf of the Nature’s Bounty Co. and Costco in 2017 (read more here), as well as a successful forum non conveniens motion in 2018 in a case against a Silicon Valley startup sued in a far-flung jurisdiction.
Megan received her J.D. from Stanford Law School and clerked for the Honorable Marjorie O. Rendell of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Before joining Willenken in 2016, Megan practiced at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP for 12 years.
Megan is a fluent Spanish speaker, which has enabled her to represent clients from Spain and Latin America. She serves as a Board Associate to the Lafayette College Board of Trustees and formerly was the Chair of the Lafayette West Coast Advisory Council. Megan is actively involved in fostering diversity in the legal profession and, in her spare time, is a hip hop choreographer and lyrical, hip hop, and jazz dancer.