- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1999
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1995
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- California (all state courts)
- Los Angeles Magazine: Southern California Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (2005)
News & Events
- Willenken LLP Wins Two Legal Diversity Awards for Client Service
- Willenken Wilson Loh & Delgado LLP Announces Name Change to Willenken LLP
- Willenken's 2018 Year in Review
- Willenken Welcomes Mayra de Aguiar to the Firm as Senior Counsel
- Daily Journal “Top Boutiques 2018” Edition Features Willenken
- The Women of Willenken Present Emily Murphy with The Advocacy Award
Mayra de Aguiar is a seasoned litigator with over 17 years of practice focused on complex civil litigation, class action litigation, employment litigation, and product liability. Her litigation experience spans both the trial and appellate levels in matters ranging from class actions, contract disputes, discrimination claims, corporate duties, employment actions, and vertical integration disputes.
Mayra represents clients across a wide range of industries, including consumer goods, accounting and finance, technology, film and entertainment, and hospitality. She has particular experience representing Fortune 500 companies and global corporations in product liability lawsuits across the United States. Most recently, Mayra helped defeat over a dozen class action lawsuits filed across the country alleging product contamination against a Fortune 500 company.
In employment actions such as individual claims and wage and hour class actions, Mayra has extensive experience serving as both the defense and prosecution. Her past experience representing individual plaintiffs against their employers provides her with a unique perspective and understanding of her adversaries, allowing her to craft the most effective approach in defending employers. Mayra also has considerable knowledge of claims brought under the Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) of the California Labor Code, which has greatly affected employers across the state and caused a surge in employment cases in California. Understanding the nuances of the statute has allowed Mayra to provide effective defense to employers facing the massive penalties associated with PAGA.
Prior to joining Willenken, Mayra practiced for 15 years in the private sector and two years as in-house counsel. A fluent Spanish speaker, she also knows conversational French and Portuguese. Mayra spends her spare time with her two teenage children and tapping into her creative side through reading, painting, cooking, and teaching herself how to play the guitar.