- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2011
- University of California, Irvine, B.A., 2005
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- California (all state courts)
Moderator, "The In-House Counsel's Consumer Class Action Defense Checklist," ACC Washington Chapter 2nd Annual Business Summit (September 13, 2018).
Justin Goodwin is an experienced litigator whose strategic, client-centered practice aims to achieve results that best match the specific needs of each client, whether that means securing a creative, early resolution or aggressively litigating to an appellate victory.
Justin specializes in complex commercial litigation and class action defense, with a focus on consumer and wage and hour class actions. He represents Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation across a variety of industries, including technology, manufacturing, energy, retail, media, and automotive. In addition to defeating class certification in numerous California and nationwide class and collective actions, Justin has also tackled thorny cases involving trade secrets, defamation, and allegations of harassment by high-profile executives. His appellate victories include a key Ninth Circuit decision that was recognized as a "Top 5 Appellate Reversal of 2014" by the Daily Journal.
Before joining Willenken, Justin practiced at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP for six years. He maintains an active pro bono practice, recently obtaining asylum for children fleeing persecution in El Salvador and securing a permanent restraining order for a victim of domestic violence. In his spare time, Justin enjoys rock climbing, watching baseball, and camping with his two sons.