- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2000
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., 1996
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- California (all state courts)
Community/ Civic Involvement
- MIT Educational Council, Educational Counselor
- Law School Honors include:
- - University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Executive Editor
Jean Mooney has practiced law for over 18 years and focuses on class action litigation, complex civil litigation, and intellectual property litigation. Her litigation experience covers a wide range of matters, including breach of contract disputes, consumer fraud class actions, federal securities fraud class actions, and trademark infringement litigation.
Jean’s methodical and detailed approach to legal analysis translates into effective, persuasive briefing on diverse legal topics, including breach of fiduciary duty, Article III standing, non-disclosure agreements, and RICO. Her ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of her clients’ claims and defenses enables her to resolve disputes efficiently and effectively. She regularly defends corporations in consumer class actions across the country and has assisted in defeating class actions involving allegations under California’s Unfair Competition Law and Consumers Legal Remedies Act. With her extensive experience defending claims alleging violations of California’s various consumer protection laws, Jean is well-versed in the most effective defenses of such actions.
Prior to joining Willenken, Jean practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in Los Angeles for five years. She is conversant in Mandarin and, when she is not litigating, enjoys traveling and trying out new baking recipes for her family and friends.