- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 2000
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., 1996
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- State Bar of California (all state courts)
- Executive Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
Jean Mooney focuses on general business litigation, with an emphasis on complex securities fraud and regulatory litigation. Prior to joining Willenken, Jean worked at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in Los Angeles for more than five years. While at Skadden, she worked primarily on federal securities fraud cases, class action lawsuits involving claims of unfair competition and breach of contract, individual and class actions under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and corporate control litigation. She also defended financial institutions in SEC Enforcement actions.
Jean is conversant in Mandarin and, when she is not litigating, Jean enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with her family.