- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2001
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1998
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- California (all state courts)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow (2014)
- Benchmark Litigation, “Local Litigation Star” (2018-2019), “Benchmark California Star” (2019)
- Daily Journal, “Top Verdicts of 2014” (2015)
- Super Lawyers, “Top Women Attorneys in Southern California” (2013-2017), “Super Lawyer” (2017), “Rising Star” (2009-2016)
Panelist, "The In-House Counsel's Consumer Class Action Defense Checklist," ACC Washington Chapter 2nd Annual Business Summit (September 13, 2018)
Panelist, "The In-House Counsel's Class Action Defense Checklist," ACC Minnesota Chapter CLE Lunch and Learn (June 7, 2018)
Presenter, "Class Action Highlights 2015," ACC Southwest Ohio Chapter CLE Presentation (November 17, 2015)
News & Events
- Willenken Wilson Loh & Delgado LLP Announces Name Change to Willenken LLP
- The Willenken Word: Intellectual Property in 2018
- Willenken's 2018 Year in Review
- Daily Journal “Top Boutiques 2018” Edition Features Willenken
- The Women of Willenken Present Emily Murphy with The Advocacy Award
- Willenken Firm and Five Partners Recognized by Benchmark Litigation 2019
- Willenken Booth Draws a Wide Audience at NAMWOLF 2018 Law Firm Expo
- Scholars & Sketches at NAMWOLF 2018
- Willenken Attorneys Give Litigation Tips and Tricks in CLE Presentations
- Willenken's Annual Review 2017
- Willenken Firm and Five Partners Awarded Coveted Rankings from Benchmark Litigation – 2018®
- Willenken's 2016 Year in Review
- The Streak Continues: Willenken Defeats Class Certification Again
- Willenken Firm Secures Voluntary Dismissal of Class Action
- Willenken Firm Wins Summary Judgment
- Firm Seeks Dismissal of Class Action Against Microsoft ...Again
- Willenken Firm Obtains High Seven-Figure Stipulated Judgment In Patent Indemnity Action
Eileen is co-chair of the firm’s class action litigation practice group and a member of the product liability and appellate practice groups.
Eileen specializes in defending California and nationwide consumer class actions alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition and False Advertising Laws, and other consumer claims.
She also has significant experience litigating a wide range of other complex commercial matters, and has represented clients in a cross-section of industries, including consumer products, technology, telecommunications, financial services, utilities, and automotive.
Eileen brings substantial experience to all aspects of complex litigation and class actions, with a particular focus on strategy issues, critical early motions seeking dismissal or to compel arbitration, as well as positioning for victory in opposing class certification. She also has negotiated settlements in high-stakes class actions on terms very favorable to her clients.
Eileen was named by Benchmark Litigation as a 2018 and 2019 "Litigation Star," and as one of the "Top Women Attorneys in Southern California" 2013-2017 by Super Lawyers. Eileen was recognized in 2015 for securing one of the "Top 20 Defense Verdicts" by Daily Journal, and her notable victories include a 2016 defeat of a class certification motion in a high-stakes consumer class action, as well as a successful 2017 motion to dismiss on forum non conveniens grounds, which has potentially case-dispositive implications for the parties in a product liability action alleging permanent, catastrophic injuries.
Before joining Willenken in 2008, Eileen practiced at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP for six years. She received her J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2001.
Eileen also dedicates herself to pro bono work, and has worked on matters with both Public Counsel and the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles.
- Spectrum Brands
- Harbor Freight Tools, Inc.
- KeyBank, N.A.
- Confidential Matter. Eileen was a member of the firm’s two-person team that prevailed in an arbitration defending one of the world’s leading hotel companies against a claim brought by the hotel owner, in which tens of millions of dollars potentially were at stake. The arbitrator ruled in favor of the firm’s client on all issues and, on her own initiative, also awarded the firm’s client its attorneys’ fees and costs, which were discretionary under the parties’ agreement.
- Gossoo v. Microsoft. Eileen and former partner Will Delgado defeated class certification in a putative consumer class action alleging violation of the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act based upon the alleged illegal collection of personally identifiable information (“PII”) from consumers in brick-and-mortar stores – even in the wake of scores of retailers settling these claims on a class-wide basis across California.
- Luko v. Ticketmaster. After a trip to the California Supreme Court sparring over a quickly-developing area of law in a putative consumer class action alleging violation of the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act, Eileen and former partner Will Delgado secured judgment on the pleadings in Ticketmaster’s favor without leave to amend, which was named one of the "Top 20 Defense Verdicts in the state of California in 2014" by Daily Journal.
- Reed v. NBTY et al. Eileen and former partner Will Delgado secured summary judgment in favor of dietary supplement manufacturer defendants in a class action alleging violations of Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code 17200, Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code 17500, and Cal. Civ. Code 1750 in connection with work-out supplements.
- Chait v. Harbor Freight Tools. Eileen defeated a class certification motion in a putative class action in which the plaintiff alleged violations of the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act. The court was persuaded by Harbor Freight’s interpretation of the Act, and denied certification.
- Haley v. The Procter & Gamble Company. Eileen and partner Paul Loh defended Procter & Gamble in a putative class action, in which the plaintiff alleged product liability, warranty, and violation of the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (“CLRA”) claims. After eliciting significant admissions from plaintiff and key witnesses at depositions, plaintiff agreed to an individual settlement on terms very favorable to Procter & Gamble.
- Syntellect, Inc. v. Southern California Gas Co. After prevailing on a motion for summary adjudication of liability, which the Ninth Circuit affirmed, Eileen and partner Jason Wilson, on behalf of the country's largest gas distribution utility, secured a $9.4 million judgment in a patent infringement indemnity action.
- Webceleb v. Procter & Gamble. Eileen and partner Paul Loh successfully defended Procter & Gamble in a trademark infringement action stemming from its popular People’s Choice Award Show. P&G prevailed on summary judgment, and the Ninth Circuit affirmed.
- Enniss v. Warlock Powerboats, Inc. Eileen, on behalf of KeyBank, N.A., obtained summary judgment in the bank’s favor on claims for alleged violation of the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act.
- The Education Resources Institute v. Curtis. Eileen and former associate Rebecca Green defended KeyBank, N.A. against claims of fraud, breach of contract, and negligence. They prevailed on a demurrer, resulting in all of the claims being dismissed with prejudice.