- Baylor University, B.S.E., 1999
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2002
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- Admitted to the State Bar of Arizona
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United State District Court for the Central District of California
- United State District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United State District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United State District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United State District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- California (all state courts)
- Arizona (all state courts)
- Texas (all state courts)
News & Events
- Willenken LLP Wins Two Legal Diversity Awards for Client Service
- Willenken Wilson Loh & Delgado LLP Announces Name Change to Willenken LLP
- The Willenken Word: Intellectual Property in 2018
- Willenken's 2018 Year in Review
- Daily Journal “Top Boutiques 2018” Edition Features Willenken
- The Women of Willenken Present Emily Murphy with The Advocacy Award
- 2017 Year in Review: Intellectual Property
Ashley Kirk has over 16 years of experience in all aspects of intellectual property procurement, monetization, and enforcement strategies. During the course of her career, Ashley has participated in the prosecution of over 750 patent applications and hundreds of trademark applications in the United States and abroad. She has extensive experience representing clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and various United States District Courts, and at the appellate level.
Throughout her career, Ashley has represented clients across a range of industries covering various technologies, such as semiconductor manufacturing, telecommunications, medical device manufacturing, oil and gas logging, oil field services, aviation, defense, consumer goods, retail, finance, entertainment, software, optics, and higher education. Her clients have included global companies, public institutions, and nascent start-ups. Ashley’s experience representing a diverse client base, coupled with her extensive knowledge of the nuances of practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, allows her to quickly evaluate claims and develop enforcement and defense strategies to fit the specific need of each client.
Ashley has provided litigation support in numerous intellectual property matters, including defensive invalidity and non-infringement opinions, patent re-examination proceedings, trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, drafting and reviewing of pleadings, claim construction and invalidity contentions, participating in witness depositions and trial, and negotiating intellectual property-related settlement agreements.
Prior to joining Willenken, Ashley was most recently with the Palo Alto office of WilmerHale. Ashley enjoys an active home life with her four children aged 10 and under.