- Yale Law School, J.D., 2007
- Harvard College, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- California (all state courts)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow
- California Lawyers Association, Litigation Section Committee on the Administration of Justice, Member
Community/ Civic Involvement
- Temple Isaiah, Preschool Parent Advisory Council
- Panelist, “Leaders Create More Leaders: Leading and Developing Diverse Leaders In-House and in Law Firms,” California Minority Counsel Program (April 18, 2018)
News & Events
- Willenken Wilson Loh & Delgado LLP Announces Name Change to Willenken LLP
- The Willenken Word: The Supreme Court Issues Two Copyright Decisions Changing Ninth Circuit Law
- Aarti Wilson Joins the LCLD 2019 Class of Fellows
- The Willenken Word: Intellectual Property in 2018
- Willenken's 2018 Year in Review
- Daily Journal “Top Boutiques 2018” Edition Features Willenken
- The Women of Willenken Present Emily Murphy with The Advocacy Award
- Winning Matters: Willenken Secures Full Dismissal of Telecommunications Lawsuit
- Willenken's Annual Review 2017
- 2017 Year in Review: Intellectual Property
- Winning Matters: Willenken Defeats Class Action With Motion for Summary Judgment
- Willenken's 2016 Year in Review
- Co-Author, “Officer Liability in Tort – Not Just a ‘Veiled’ Threat,” Century City Lawyer (April 2011)
Aarti Wilson is an experienced, strategic litigator who is committed to delivering creative, client-focused results. Able to quickly develop a deep understanding of her clients’ business priorities, Aarti provides practical advice and counsel to clients ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 500 companies in wide range of industries, including technology, fashion, financial services, and consumer goods. She also has experience representing state and local governmental entities.
Aarti’s practice focuses on trade secrets and employee mobility issues, and she has litigated numerous copyright and trademark disputes and complex commercial cases. She regularly defends clients in consumer class actions alleging unfair competition or false advertising or product liability. Aarti’s recent victories include: obtaining a preliminary injunction, followed by a favorable settlement, of trade secrets misappropriation and breach of a restricted use license claims; securing the voluntary dismissal with prejudice of Sherman Act and unfair competition claims on behalf of a telecommunications client; and prevailing on summary judgment in a false advertising class action after extensive Daubert briefing regarding the use of statistical experts to attack the validity of studies.
When clients are dealing with sensitive internal investigations, Aarti is well-equipped with the extensive knowledge to guide them. She has represented clients facing government investigations, regulatory proceedings, and litigation, including SEC investigations and enforcement actions, criminal antitrust proceedings, and state civil and criminal actions. At her previous firm, Aarti represented the former chairman and CEO of a Fortune 100 company in a securities fraud action brought by the SEC, and she was a core member of the team that won dismissal of felony fraud charges against her client, based on prosecutorial misconduct by the District Attorney.
After launching her litigation career at Irell & Manella LLP, Aarti joined Willenken in 2014. She has maintained an active pro bono practice throughout her career, often representing individuals seeking asylum in the United States. In her free time, Aarti enjoys exploring the art, dance, and opera scenes of Los Angeles with her two daughters, and supporting non-profit arts and educational organizations.
- Appellate Practice
- Art, Cultural, and Educational Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Complex Business Litigation
- Copyright Infringement
- Financial Services Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Product Liability
- Trade Secrets and Employee Mobility
- Trademark and Trade Dress Infringement
- White Collar Criminal Defense and Internal Investigations
- Microsoft Corporation
- Motorola Solutions
- Southern California Gas Company
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- PayPal, Inc.
- J.D. Power
- QuoteLab, LLC d/b/a MediaAlpha v. QuoteWizard, Inc. On behalf of client MediaAlpha, obtained preliminary injunction in lawsuit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of restricted use license, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Acumen Communications, Inc., et al. v. City of Covina et al. Secured voluntary dismissal with prejudice at the pleadings stage in favor of Motorola, in lawsuit alleging Sherman Act and bid-rigging for municipal public contracts related to the installation of a multimillion-dollar public safety radio system.
- Korolshteyn v. Costco Wholesale Corp. et al. Secured summary judgment in favor of retailer and dietary supplement manufacturer in a class action alleging violations of Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code 17200 and Cal. Civ. Code 1750 in connection with ginkgo supplement.
- Carenet USA Int'l, Inc. v. NBTY et al. Secured summary judgment in favor of dietary supplement manufacturer in breach of contract dispute in which Plaintiff alleged it had not been provided bee propolis capsules as required by the contract.
- Lewis v. Jinon Corp. In a class action lawsuit alleging violation of the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act, filed a demurrer on behalf of Jinon which was sustained with prejudice. The trial court's opinion was later affirmed on appeal.