- New York University Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2002
- University of Oklahoma, B.S.E.E., With special distinction, 1999
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- California (all state courts)
- New York (all state courts)
- Kentucky (all state courts)
- National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms, Board Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Cuban American Bar Association, Member
Community/ Civic Involvement
- Former Commissioner, City of Los Angeles, LAPD Police Permit Review Panel
- Former Hearing Examiner, City of Los Angeles, LAPD Police Permit Review Panel
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Law School Honors include: Finalist, Orison Marden Moot Court Competition; John Norton Pomeroy Scholar; Benjamin Butler Scholar; Milbank Tweed Fellow; Fish & Neave Fellow
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
Will Delgado is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, class actions, and complex business litigation. His list of impressive victories has helped him garner a number of awards including:
- Recognized in April 2012 by the Recorder as one of fifty young California lawyers “On the Fast Track” (read more here).
- Recognized in January 2014 as a "Top 20 Lawyer Under 40" by the Daily Journal (read more here).
- Recognized in February 2015 for securing one of the "Top 20 Defense Verdicts of 2014" by the Daily Journal (read more here).
- Recognized in February 2017 as a "Class Action Lawyer of the Year" for California by the International Advisory Experts organization (read more here).
- Recognized in September 2017 as a "Local Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation (read more here).
Will is regularly retained to litigate across the entire United States, and he has been counsel of record in scores of federal lawsuits throughout California as well as in Washington, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky, New York, Delaware, and Florida. Because of his focus in developing areas of law, Will frequently litigates and lectures on issues of first impression.
Will Delgado comes to Willenken after having obtained an electrical engineering degree from the University of Oklahoma, a JD (magna cum laude) from NYU School of Law and practicing with the firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP.
He is originally from Miami, Florida and fluent in Spanish, which has led to his repeated representation of companies hailing from Latin America and Spain. In his admittedly limited spare time, he spends time with his wife and two boys.
In 2015, Will was one of the authors of "A Crash Course in Data-Security Regulation and Litigation" which appeared in the September 2015 issue of the ACC Docket. Read it here.
- Moderator, Mandating Diversity: The Inclusion Clause, MCCA Pathways Conference (October 2017).
- Panelist, A Brave New World in IP, ACC Chapter of Southwest Ohio (September 2017).
- Panelist, What is the Future of Class Action Litigation, HNBA Annual Meeting (September 2017).
- Panelist, Technology and the Trial, MCCA GlobalTEC Conference (October 2016).
- Panelist, Ten Ways to Reduce Litigation Spend, ACC South Florida CLE (September 2016).
- Moderator, Don't Rain on My Parade: Negotiating Cloud Computing Agreements, NAMWOLF Annual Meeting (September 2016).
- Moderator, General Counsel Panel, NAMWOLF Annual Conference (September 2016).
- Panelist, Best Friends? The Relationship Between In-house and Outside Counsel, HNBA Annual Conference (September 2016).
- Moderator, General Counsel Panel, NAMWOLF Annual Conference (September 2015).
- Presenter, Privacy and Data Breach Update, ILLS Meeting (November 2014).
- Panelist, Class Actions: Report from the Trenches, NAMWOLF Annual Conference (September 2014).
- Moderator, gTLDs and Registrars: Risks and Limitations, DomainFest (April 2014).
- Moderator, Recent Developments in Patent Law, MCCA CLE Expo (March 2014).
- Panelist, Legal Considerations in Developing Mobile Apps, NAMWOLF Annual Conference (September 2013).
News & Events
- Willenken's Annual Review 2017
- 2017 Year in Review: Intellectual Property
- Willenken Firm and Five Partners Awarded Coveted Rankings from Benchmark Litigation – 2018®
- A Brave New World in IP CLE
- Willenken Defeats Class Action With Motion for Summary Judgment
- Willenken Prevails at the Pleadings Stage Yet Again
- Willenken's 2016 Year in Review
- Willenken Firm Secures Voluntary Dismissal of Class Action
- Willenken Firm Wins Summary Judgment
- Willenken Wilson Loh & Delgado LLP Names Rebecca Green as Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow
- Willenken Firm Named One of Top 10 Litigation Boutiques for 2014
- Firm Seeks Dismissal of Class Action Against Microsoft ...Again
- Patent Troll Stymied by Aggressive Defense
- Securing Critical Jury Waiver Leads to Trial Victory
- Willenken Firm Secures Favorable Settlement in Patent Action and Section 337 Investigation
- Firm Wins Another UDRP Arbitration
- Favorable Settlement Reached in Patent Litigation
- Firm Wins Two UDRP Arbitrations
- Firm Secures Trademark Victory Before the Ninth Circuit
- Microsoft Corporation
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Live Nation // Ticketmaster
- VIZIO, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
- The Buckle, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Korolshteyn v. Costco Wholesale Corp., et al. Secured summary judgment in favor of retailer and dietary supplement manufacturer in a class action alleging violations of Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code 17200 and Cal. Civ. Code 1750 in connection with ginkgo supplement. Read more here.
- MyMedicalRecords, Inc. v. Walgreen Co. Represented Walgreen Co. in a patent infringement lawsuit in the Central District of California which settled favorably after the firm filed a request for Inter Partes Review (IPR) with the USPTO.
- Reed v. NBTY, et al. Secured summary judgment in favor of dietary supplement manufacturer in a class action alleging violations of Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code 17200, Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code 17500, and Cal. Civ. Code 1750 in connection with work-out supplement.
- Gossoo v. Microsoft. On behalf of Microsoft Corporation, defeated class certification in a Song-Beverly class action.
- Carenet USA Int'l, Inc. v. NBTY, et al. Secured summary judgment in favor of dietary supplement manufacturer in breach of contract dispute in which Plaintiff alleged it had not been provided bee propolis capsules as required by the contract.
- ISWest v. Milon-DiGiorgio Enterprises. On behalf of ISWest, an award-winning ISP, prevailed in a two-week jury trial before the Honorable Florence-Marie Cooper in the Central District of California in a trademark infringement dispute. Later secured affirmance on the appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Internet Specialties West, Inc. v. Milon-DiGiorgio Enterprises, Inc., 559 F.3d 985 (2009).
- Hopewell Culture & Design LLC v. VIZIO. Represented VIZIO in a patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas brought by a non-practicing entity. The matter was favorably resolved prior to the first scheduling conference.
- Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. v. 3D Sytems, Inc. Prevailed on a demurrer in favor of 3D printer manufacturer in breach of warranty dispute.
- Luko v. Ticketmaster. On behalf of Ticketmaster, defeated Song-Beverly class action with a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
- Cahn v. Oversee.net. Defended a leading technology company from a multi-million breach of contract claim by a former employee. After prevailing in a first bench trial, secured favorable settlement in the midst of a second bench trial before the Honorable Steven Wilson in the Central District of California.
- Lewis v. Jinon Corp. In a class action lawsuit alleging violation of the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act, filed a demurrer on behalf of Jinon which was sustained with prejudice. The trial court's opinion was later affirmed on appeal. Lewis v. Jinon Corp., 232 Cal. App. 4th 1369 (2015).
- Wyncomm LLC v. VIZIO. On behalf of VIZIO, obtained dismissal with prejudice in a patent infringement lawsuit in the District of Delaware brought by a non-practicing entity.
- Otter Prods. v. AFC Trident. Represented a mobile computer accessory distributor in a patent infringement action in the District of Colorado and in a Section 337 investigation before the International Trade Commission. Both cases were settled very favorably for the firm's client.
- Oversee.net v. Fareloop, LLC. Together with co-counsel from Kirkland & Ellis, represented Oversee in a lawsuit against former chief engineer and other former employees for misappropriation of trade secrets. Obtained highly favorable settlement on the eve of taking first deposition in the matter.
- In various Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) arbitrations, prevailed in securing domain names on behalf of complainants and defeating the complaint on behalf of respondents.
- Represented numerous retailers in connection with various copyright infringement lawsuits involving fabric designs.